Welcome to the Clare Foundation
Welcome to The Clare Foundation website – enjoy browsing here to find out how we can help you and your organisation!
The Clare Foundation is different – We are an independent charity, born out of the vision and generosity of successful entrepreneur, Mike Clare. Seeking to help other charities and not for profit organisations to maximise their efficiency, commercialism and effectiveness. We target the outcome of improved performance in the voluntary and not for profit sector - in turn leading to more help for beneficiaries.
Our help is available in many different ways
- We provide subsidised accommodation for charities at the Clare Charity Centre in Saunderton
- Our team and a network of advisers who can provide specialist inputs in areas where charities need support
- We bring together charity professionals for development and networking
- We offer Charity Incubators for small and start-up charity initiatives, helping them to get off the ground without having to cross the threshold of charitable registration.
- We support corporate social responsibility which brings together local businesses and charities
This menu of support is available to charities and not for profits – but it’s not an exhaustive list. If we come across other ways to help we will; if you think we might be able to help in other ways we’ll certainly try!
The hallmark of our operation is the Clare Charity Centre at Saunderton in Buckinghamshire; a 55,000ft² (5110 m²) office complex, set in 12 acres of beautiful Chiltern countryside, which has been refurbished to provide flexible serviced office accommodation for charities at subsidised rates. The excellent onsite Conference and Function facilities used by tenants are also available to local charities at preferential rates.
But the Centre is much more than an office base for charity tenants. It is a collaborative community in which charities share ideas, understanding and services – increasing their efficiency and effectiveness for their beneficiaries.
One user of the Centre has said “I can bump into someone in the corridor that I have been trying to get on the phone for days”
Nick Phillips, the Group Chief Executive of Community Impact Bucks adds "The Clare Foundation is a first rate venue for training, meetings and events. We are pleased to run events and meetings at The Clare Foundation and we have always been really impressed by the professionalism of the team. A great asset to Bucks.”